We are a group of graduate students at the University of Maryland in a range of disciplines (STEM, policy, etc) interested how science and technology inform policy and vice-versa. Started in spring 2019, we are eager to share our knowledge of science and policy with other students, government agencies, universities, and policy makers.
We meet on alternating Mondays from 4-5pm. Current students, please join us on TerpLink (https://terplink.umd.edu/organization/graduate-science-policy-at-umd) and join our mailing list (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are actively planning several projects and events for the near future! Below are a few things we have worked on in the past.
- Received a grant from the Union of Concerned Scientists to support coordination of a state science policy fellowship
- Hosting science policy speakers at our meetings
- Attended a local ComSciCon workshop with special topics in science policy
- Involved in regular National Science Policy Network activities
- Engage in locally sponsored science policy opportunities in the Washington, D.C. area, such as with the AAAS, AGU, UCS, and ESEP